Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

store value in eeprom before starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mah

I have lcd connected to microcontroller, and i want to sore numbers using external push buttons, but i want to store values before entering the processing mode. for instance microcontroller is off then i want to push a button to enter (X mode) to adjust parameters then exit this mode and restart to enter the operation mode( like enter configuration mode of devices while they are turned off). How to do this?​

Last edited:
Your question is rather confusing, but you can initialize the internal data EEPROM in a PIC in the source code. For an external EEPROM you can add code to the startup routine that loads default values to the EEPROM the first time it runs.

Settings stored in EEPROM, would they be permanent? If so they could be eventually writen at programming time.

If settings change eventually, prior starting, give the option to do so or to bypass the parameter inputting process and move to the operation.

Last edited:
I have lcd connected to microcontroller, and i want to sore numbers using external push buttons, but i want to store values before entering the processing mode. for instance microcontroller is off then i want to push a button to enter (X mode) to adjust parameters then exit this mode and restart to enter the operation mode( like enter configuration mode of devices while they are turned off). How to do this?​

It is difficult to understand exactly what you are trying to do, but I think that a reasonable approach would be to program the microcontroller for both "parameter adjustment" and "operation". That is, when starting, the program, read your input, adjust parameters, and subsequently enter operation mode. You could even have the program examine the position of a switch upon starting to determine if it needs to go into adjustment mode first.

That approach is pretty straight forward and I am wondering if you considered it but rejected it for some reason. IOW, why cant you have your code do both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back