Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stop Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

What voltage do stop lights in the USA run at? My dad just brought home a brand new one, and we want to see if we can get it going. I am guessing 220v, but i am not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

What stop lights ??
Filament or LED ??

Traffic stop lights normally run on mains voltage.
In New Zealand 230 Volts ac, in the USA 117 Volts ac, although low voltage variants may be around which run at 48 Volts ac or dc or pehaps less.

First use an adjustable ac / dc powersupply and check from 12 volts up to 32 volts.
Then try
running the lights in series with a 117 Volts, 25 Watt bulb so at least you limit the current and don't have full fireworks if not already.

it is interesting that no voltage data is on your lamps questioned.

They are filament lights. I know they work, because they were just put up as temporary traffic control in a construction zone. I will look and see if there is any data on them when i get around to it. Thanks for your reply.

I have an old one. It is 110VAC, but will convert it to 12VDC before I will left my kids have it in their room. I used an old 16F84 and 3 relays to control it... It is pretty neat.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. Pretty simple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back