Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stm32f4 discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well all the rest list a option for serial programming but it dont show any for the stm32f407

If you go to board manager you'll find the STM32F4 board, but according to this the STM32F4 has limited support so far.
http://www.stm32duino.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40&sid=4202b1963028e7ff96a093f8cf8c710f

Koduino is mentioned in there which might have more support, but it doesn't look all that great either.
http://avikde.me/koduino/html/index.html

STMF103 is the only one with decent support and it's an old chip.

There's a few threads on the other forum that starts with eev about starting ARM Cortex development with free tools. I haven't tried it in about 6 years though, so no idea. I still pay for Crossworks. OpenSTM32 looks pretty good. There's so many compilers and programmers, it's tough to get started.

I know it's in the board manger but it doesn't list any usable programmer's like the stmf103 it has 4 programmers
the stm32f407 has none.
stm32f103.png

and this is the stm32f407
stm32f407.png

I don't think that means none, it means you have no other option than serial and there are no ports available.

Mine is different. Maybe my Arduino IDE is older. I don't get the option of the discovery as a target, only the Star OTTO. When I installed STM32F4 board to test, the installer loaded an STM32 USB driver. With the driver installed when plugged into the STM32 USB, you should get a serial port available.

If not, I can't help anymore.

I downloaded the free stm compiler going to play with it it's c+

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back