Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

STM32 Nucleo and mbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody and thanks always.

This time I would like to ask if someone has tried mbed to program a STM32 Nucleo board.

I have one (STM32F091RC) and I have used mbed to program a couple of examples (LED switching, using a button, etc- basic stuff)
Now the programs seem quite simple.

However I have seen (not tried) programs for the STM32 architecture, and although they are understandable (I am quite fair at C I think), they are much more complex than the ones in mbed. They usually require input/output initialization, etc which is not something I am complaining about since I can do it, but it calls my attention

Why are the mbed programs so simple?

Can I do serious development with that platform??

Any other experience with mbed or STM32?

Thanks in advance

You'll get to a point where your on your own..... Here at ETO we have members that have done things and share their experiences....

The issues that I have haven't been written.... Reading and understanding takes over... I have looked at MBED but I have chosen my own way forward..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back