Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stereo system for office

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDDIEM

I am in the process of building a dental clinic and would like to put speakers in 8 different rooms. I have been told that I will need a reciever, a 7 way speaker slector, 8 pairs of speakers, and 8 speaker volume controls plus approximately 500 feet of 16 ga wire.

I am a novice to audio systems and need some help and guidance on what to look for in the different components of this system. What shold I be looking for in each of them. Are there particlar units that will give me better quality at a reasonable price.

I am hoping for decent sound quality for reasonable cost. I may be way out in left field but I would hope to do this for around $2,000.

any advice, recomendations or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eddie

I recommend to use amplifiers separately nearby each loudspeakers. The sound-signal coming from studio via 600 ohm, so You can use a low-cost stereo shielded cable without higher frequency signal lost.
I think for rooms enough 2*20...25W, this power easyly realised by low-cost IC amplifier.
Another way a 100V power distributor system, but the problem is the independent volume control.

maybe i'm wrong, but it seems for $2000 you could get someone to do the whole thing for you.

just my $.02

try https://www.head-fi.org

its an audio site, mainly about headphones and DYI amps and stuff, pretty interesting. another much more useful site:

dyiaudio.com

these are both mainly forums, you can ask your questions there and some experts in audio can help you.

regards

ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back