Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motors and R/C Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an unusual buy from All Electronics last week. I was looking for reciever, and stumbled on a $29.95 transmiter + reciever, so bought it.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/JS-6/search/6-CHANNEL_TRANSMITTER_AND_RECEIVER_.html

Cheaper than a reciever + crystal to match my truck transmitter.
It's for Vex Robotics, some how affiliated with Radio Shaft/Shack, not to thrilled (avoid RS like the plague).

**broken link removed**

Lists for $129.99.

This actually turned out pretty well, as the reciever has an rj-10 jack, which is 4 contacts, one is unused, battery 7.2 volts +/-, and PCM out. So I don't need to open it up and find the signal. It's meant to connect to their $99 controller module (PIC based, unfortunately... :) ). RJ-10 jacks??? Must be british or something, not finding any around here, guess I'll be clipping off one end of that cable.

Found the slot machine boards, and look through the chips, but didn't find anything I could identify as a stepper controller/driver. There are some chips, but not sure which was used to drive the steppers.

TD62503 - 7 channel single driver
MP4104 - 4 in 1 Power Transistor Module
MP4303 - 4 in 1 Power Transistor Module
TD62083 - 8 Channel driver
TLP521-4 - 4 channel ss relay

SY-24W-K - unknown
LE2080 - unknown
TX43C - unknown

Haven't downloaded the data sheets yet, but figure one of these will take the MCU signal, and drive the stepper. Kind of need to get the stepper running, to see what kind of torque I have to work with for the hardware. Pretty sure I've got everything together. Need to sit down and figure which MCU I'll need soon. I have 3 on hand, the tiny2313 ought to be good enough, also have some Atmega48. Going to need atleast 15 I/O pins.

Jeez, wish I'd know about that last year, I paid a little more than that for a used Futaba attack four, and that only has four analog channels =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back