Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor with L298

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesam

Hi guys.
Welcome back.
I am actually going to build a stepper motor (bipolar) controller using the L298 IC. I am using AT89S52 to control the stepper motor.
Can anybody tell me how to connect the L298 to the AT89S52. Also what are the voltage and current requirements.

Also please tell me how should i connect the L298 alone to the MCU. All the circuits i've seen sofar include an L297 alongwith L298. I wana use the single chip only.

Thanks alot.

Well, connecting the l298 chip to the AT89S52 is very simple, you can treat the driver exactly as a series of BUFFER gates. it's pretty easy to catch from the datasheet.. Each gate(channel) can be connected to a wire of the stepper motor from one side, and to a pin of the micro controller from the other side.. then, a 1 on that pin will cause the equivalent power output to go HIGH

if you don't know what to do with the Current sense pins, you can connect them to GND, it's not recommended, but depending on the size of your stepper motor, it can be acceptable..

Ibrahim brother can you please provide me any good detailed schematic telling how to exactly interface L298 with Stepper and MCU. I mean it should include all the requirements (resistors, capacitors etc) of L298 and stepper.
Also tell me how can i calculate how much current my stepper requires.

Meesam said:
Ibrahim brother can you please provide me any good detailed schematic telling how to exactly interface L298 with Stepper and MCU. I mean it should include all the requirements (resistors, capacitors etc) of L298 and stepper.
Also tell me how can i calculate how much current my stepper requires.

how many wires come from your stepper? how many phases it have? or how Many coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back