Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez

In examining some stepper motor information I noticed some torque curves that have torque vs rps plotted.

Is "rps" Revolutions Per Second?

I spent a few minutes looking at definitions but the authors weren't descriptive. It may seem like a dumb question but given that stepper motors are new territory to me it's possible I am missing the obvious. My brother is in a panic with a project and asked for my thoughts.

Thanks.

which motor are you looking at?

normally step motors are operated relatively slower than other ordinary mortors since it can dilever more torque. rps is a good information for designers than rpm, i have seen this marking in step motors.

Thanks for the help so far.

Applied Motion Products HT34 series but not quite sure of the size/model. It's one my brother is purchasing used and he's asked me for some help. He runs a decent small machine shop and fabricating operation. His customer needs some help with a conveyor. He recently purchased a CNC plasma cutter - that includes stepper motors. He visited the place where the CNC cutter was made and the owner/designer enlightened him a bit on the virtues of stepper motors.

I am delighted because he comes to me for help - the perfect excuse to go work with him, get dirty, make chips, etc. He'll get compensated for the time and some materials. I get to play, learn, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back