Stepper motor terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevez

In examining some stepper motor information I noticed some torque curves that have torque vs rps plotted.

Is "rps" Revolutions Per Second?

I spent a few minutes looking at definitions but the authors weren't descriptive. It may seem like a dumb question but given that stepper motors are new territory to me it's possible I am missing the obvious. My brother is in a panic with a project and asked for my thoughts.

Thanks.

normally step motors are operated relatively slower than other ordinary mortors since it can dilever more torque. rps is a good information for designers than rpm, i have seen this marking in step motors.

Thanks for the help so far.

Applied Motion Products HT34 series but not quite sure of the size/model. It's one my brother is purchasing used and he's asked me for some help. He runs a decent small machine shop and fabricating operation. His customer needs some help with a conveyor. He recently purchased a CNC plasma cutter - that includes stepper motors. He visited the place where the CNC cutter was made and the owner/designer enlightened him a bit on the virtues of stepper motors.

I am delighted because he comes to me for help - the perfect excuse to go work with him, get dirty, make chips, etc. He'll get compensated for the time and some materials. I get to play, learn, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…