Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stepper motor project help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

armess

Hi all,
I need sincere advice.

I have a project in which i have to control a unipolar stepper motor- 2 phase-18 kgcm torque- 2 amp per phase current.
Stepper motor will be controlled by my PC's parallel port for rotating an antenna. Can somebody suggest a controller circuit without using a microcontroller, as i am not at all familiar with their programming.

Also can u clarify what is the difference between a controller and a driver for a stepper motor????
Do i need both of them for my project???

2 phase steppers are bipolar. Unipolar motors are 4 phase. The driver can be as simple as 4 logic level mosfets with flyback diodes and software to generate the drive signals. There are hordes of information already available on the net concerning driving stepper motors from a parallel port.

Sorry but can u elaborate on the controllers and the drivers.......
I am completely new to all this.
If i am using a PC do i still need a controller?????????
What can be 4 logic level mosfets with flyback diodes????

As I said, this subject is covered ad nausea on the Internet, use Google as a start. There are complete tutorials and descriptions of every possible mode of driving a stepper motor on the Internet, and at least a dozen different circuit variations on how to drive them directly from a printer port, using only basic mosfets and diodes. I can not act as a translator for you.

i didn't know that google existed in this world...
I think i better do away with my membership in this forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back