Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper motor controller limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockc

Is there a stepper motor controller out there that has its own limit memory?
I would like to have the motor limit after a certain # of rotations in pulse mode in both directions and limit again at home. The gears I am driving cannot go beyond a certain point in either direction without damage and I need to be able to pulse in both directions as needed. I don't have enough physical room to install limit switches.

I have been online searching all day for one.

Thanks

Unless you've some way of determining the exact position of the stepper, how do you know where it is?. It's no problem at all limiting the number of steps it travels, just a question of programming the micro-controller to do it - but you must be able to start from a guaranteed known point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back