Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Control (8051)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesam

Hi everybody.
I am going to start a project on the basic motion control of the Stepper motors. The problem is that I unluckily bought a motor with 4 wires and searching net i have found that its not that commonly used. I know it really IS USED but its interfacing has certain problem including the H-Bridge circuit.
Can anybody please help me starting work on this motor.
If i get to know the basic circuit I know I can proceed very quickly later on.
Final target is controlling the motor remotely.
Thanks.

That's a bi-polar motor, so requires two h-bridges to drive, far easier to get a uni-polar motor - old 5.25 inch floppy drives are a great source for these!.

hi
i need previous work for design traffic light controller.
now i work for design traffic light controller using fpga with verilog hdl.
thanks for all.
adam

Hi everybody.
I am going to start a project on the basic motion control of the Stepper motors. The problem is that I unluckily bought a motor with 4 wires and searching net i have found that its not that commonly used. I know it really IS USED but its interfacing has certain problem including the H-Bridge circuit.
Can anybody please help me starting work on this motor.
If i get to know the basic circuit I know I can proceed very quickly later on.
Final target is controlling the motor remotely.
Thanks.

Hi,

They make controllers for 4 wire stepper motors, and these are quite
common.
You can either build a circuit yourself or buy one online.
There are parts made just for controlling and driving these motors.
You basically buy the parts, then do the board.

Will you be using a microcontroller or do you want to go with
standard off the shelf chips to build this?

This thread was started in 2007.

(Ok, i am back after long time in the same thread.)
Till now i have successfully controlled the stepper motor via H-bridge employing L293 IC alongwith L298. These were really great to work with. But now i want to work on following tasks.
1. Make a visual program (in visual basic) for control of steppers.
2. Control the motor remotely.

Has anybody any good suggestions or ideas about that.
More specifically please suggest me about the type of remote control. ie. RF or IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back