Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Step Down Transformer (what's my best option?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being upstairs doesn't prevent a path to earth, it merely gives it a higher impedance/resistance - bear in mind your body resistance might be a couple of hundred K, so it forms a potential divider with the resistance to earth.

Yeah, I just thought the resistance would be so incredibly high (many Giga ohms?) that you wouldn't feel anything at all (1850v source, according to the meter, which is what i'm testing really). Sitting on this office chair lessens the sensation. I thought the chair alone with all it's plastic would have a massive resistance too.

Also your resistance tends to reduce with increasing voltage and the same goes for many materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back