Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starting of bldc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqeel1

Hi,

Recently i am working on direction and speed control of bldc motor.

i am stuck on one thing, that how can i start-up bldc motor from 0 to given speed, like how it starts if i give 900 rpm.

Thanks

Usually you ramp up the speed, such as trapezoidal or an "S-curve".

You really can't have velocity feedback initially, but you do have to know that it's rotating. That's probably why the "S" curve is more preferred profile.

An "S" is slow to turn on, then a rapid to very close to desired speed and then a slow ramp to the desired speed.

you are saying to ramp up the speed, but i want to know how it starts,

like starting function or start-up.

if i give the reference voltage of 1000 rpm, how it start working, the theory how the rotor starts with magnetic flux. in little detail.

Thanks.

Do you know how bldc motor works when it is runnin? If you do, then it is much easier to explain how to start from stall..

BLDC motor has a permanent magnet rotor that follows a sinusoidal waveforms fed to the stator. If the sinusoids are too fast the motor can not keep up and it will skip, this means that it is not turning as it should. So how do you know how to get the magnet to follow the sinusoids so that it does not skip. You start with a slow frequency sinusoid. Slow enough that you know that the magnet will follow. And then you can start to increase the frequency.. slowly enough so that the rotor magnet can follow.

Last edited:
Herehttp://www.globalspec.com/FeaturedProducts/Detail/TexasInstrumentsHighPerformanceAnalog/BLDC_Motor_Controller/236265/0 is an interesting IC for sensorless BLDC control

I only briefly worked on, meaning fixed, a commercial, sensor-based, 40,000 RPM motor controller.

i am using spwm in matlab/simulink and pid controller to control error, the

required speed.

here is little example of what i need, bldc motor has permanent magnet rotor, when input the voltage the rotor it repels the like poles and rotor starts moving.

but the problem is i cannot express this in details, as this is one of the main part of my discussion.

Thanks

He asks the same questions at AAC. I gave him the same link earlier this week. He doesn't want to read and do any research, wants it spoon fed to him.:(

yes, i can understand the frustration, that is because of me.

but thanks alot guys i am done with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back