Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Starter Kit And Advice Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3wis

Hi all, I'm new to pic's and programming them. I'm after a cheap kit to get me started. I don;t want to pay to much though as i don't have much money :( What can anyone recomend? I'm going to be using a pic in my A2 project, so having a kit to program it would be handy :D Are the kits pretty universial?

Please point me in the right direction :D

L3wis said:
Hi all, I'm new to pic's and programming them. I'm after a cheap kit to get me started. I don;t want to pay to much though as i don't have much money :( What can anyone recomend? I'm going to be using a pic in my A2 project, so having a kit to program it would be handy :D Are the kits pretty universial?

Please point me in the right direction :D

You don't say which Pic you plan to use.
If you can find a 16F84A (or 16F627 / 16F628) start with that and practice, there is lots of information out there on the web for 16F84A

You don't have much money so instead of buying a kit.
Build the programmer yourself. Get some perf board and a few bits
I built the Byron jeff programmer cheap and simple **broken link removed**
It does work

There are links on the Byron Jeff page for software to control the programmer

Find a language that YOU like.... A good free language similiar to Pascal is called Jal and has some examples so you can test your programer and is available through
here http://www.voti.nl/jal/

Buy a breadboard and wire kit and some LED's make them flash make them sweep.
You don't need a kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back