Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Star LED Housings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Hey,

Does anyone know any good suppliers of star led enclosures/housings. Or any good way of mounting the led?

I would have thought that there would have been many suppliers but I cannot find many, something like a cheap aluminum enclosure of sorts would do.

Regards,
StudentSA

I’m not quite sure I understand your question correctly, but being from South Africa too, I would suggest you visit www.acdc.co.za

**broken link removed**

There are plenty of LED mounting solutions out there depending on the specific LED. For example look at these solutions. Lower right on the linked page. Those are just an example. As to a star shape? This is something you would make on your own using mounting solutions. Another method is for example using surface or board mount LEDs where you fabricate your own circuit board in a shape of your choosing.

In conclusion it depends on the type and size of the LED you want to work with.

Ron

Thanks, great place man. I can not believe I have not heard of these guys.

I see that all these housings have the actual star LED included. I've been doing some design's and I purchase the star LED alone. So I thought there would be some common enclosures that one could buy and fit my star LED in them.

But thanks again, maybe I will just have to buy a complete unit.

@Reloadron when refering to "star" LED I'm talking about these https://www.mantech.co.za/Image.aspx?Image=EWJXXEA

Kind Regards
StudentSA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back