Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standalone PIC Programming with MMC which is including HEX file

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoideyez

Hi all,
I have an elevator control card.I need the program card's mcu without computer .Shortly I need read data from SPI and write it on PIC's program memory.
I found a lot of example project about MMC and..But I need to understand how it works first.
I m using C18 compiler.and I saw PICDEM-FS demo board..there is an example for PICDEM-FS named MDS on Proteus VSM samples..Can anyone help about this title and how can I find Proteus VSM PICDEM-FS(MDS) firmware codes.
(PICDEM FS is in Proteus USB VSM samples directory..)
Thanks

Microchip publish programming specifications for all their PICs. With those you can write code for a master PIC, so that the master PIC programs the target one.

The steps are:-
1). enter programming mode
2) collect some of the .hex file from MMC card
3)send data to target PIC, one instruction at a time
4) Repeat 2 & 3 until you get to the end of the .hex file
5) leave programming mode and reset target.

You still need a PC to get the program onto the master PIC.

I've programmed a target PIC (I used a 10F200) from a master (16F877), but the 16F877 has enough memory to hold its program and the program of the 10F200, so I didn't need a MMC card.

If you are wanting to program a more advanced PIC, you can write a bootloader program, so the PIC reads data from the MMC card then writes that data onto itself. You still need a PC to get the bootloader onto the PIC.

I sometimes updating my elevator firmware.So my customers have to bring the PIC to me for update..But I want to send update's hex file them via my web site..And they download it into their MMC card.
I can't use more than one PIC..I m using 18F4550.So I need to reserve a small area for bootloader on program memory..Your solution seems good..
But I m coding elevator program in ASM...I suppose I need to write bootloader in C...But when I use C,The code's dimension spending very much area on program memory..is it possible to coding the bootloader with ASM..Here is my start project..Thanks for your helps.

**broken link removed**

I sometimes updating my elevator firmware.So my customers have to bring the PIC to me for update..But I want to send update's hex file them via my web site..And they download it into their MMC card.
I can't use more than one PIC..I m using 18F4550.So I need to reserve a small area for bootloader on program memory..Your solution seems good..
But I m coding elevator program in ASM...I suppose I need to write bootloader in C...But when I use C,The code's dimension spending very much area on program memory..is it possible to coding the bootloader with ASM..Here is my start project..Thanks for your helps.

The bootloader can be in assembler. Even if the bootloader is written in C, most compilers produce assembler code from the source code in C. That can be incorporated into your other code.

If you want a separate PIC, that doesn't have to be a permanent part of your circuit. It only has to be present while the program is being updated. You could use:-

http://www.flexipanel.com/TEAclipper.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back