Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ST7920 Chinese Fonts built in LCD controller/driver with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAMI

hi
plz i need assembly code to draw on 12864b xlcd using pic16f877a i did use it as normal lcd 4x16 character but i want to draw on it and show pictures like another ks0108 graphic lcd how to initialize it ,how to clear display and how to set it as graphic not character all of these with assembly on mplab how to use it as serial or 8/4 bit interface the difference from others it doesn't have chip select pins instead psb & NC so its architecture from inside is different so different command.
here it's picture
LCD12864-128x64-Dots-Graphic-Matrix-LCD-Module-Display-module-ST7920-Controller-for-Arduino-Free-Shipping.jpg

thank you

Okay... The device pictured is a 128x64 GLCD with a Toshiba T6963C chipset!!!

Unlike the KS0108 these DO need an initialize routine... You need to set a whole host of parameters..

I have code from John Becker (RIP) for a Scope using a toshiba 240x128.... However there is no low level drawing routines...

Its here if you want to convert!!! ( I say convert... John made his own assembler )

Attachments

• GSCOP360.asm
    30.9 KB · Views: 260
( I say convert... John made his own assembler )

No he didn't, he used a Shareware one - rather bizarrely as the MicroChip MPASM one was free?.

However, I had discussions with John (RIP - he's sadly missed) - the reason he didn't use MPASM was (even more bizarrely) that he had never heard of it, and didn't know it existed.

I helped him with something - can't remember what now? - and he kindly sent me a number of EPE PCB's for free :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back