Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Split an audio signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcuauhtemoc

First off, I only have really basic knowledge of circuitry. I want to know if there is a way to split an audio signal so part of the signal can go through a separate circuit while the other part goes directly to the speaker. Right now, as I would assume, the signal just bypasses the circuit and goes straight to the speaker.

This is the schematic of the circuit that i'm trying to use **broken link removed**

I want to be able to split the audio+ and audio- so that they can both go through the circuit and connect to each other

Sorry, but I don't believe it works, feeding power to the chip through a 1K and no decoupling isn't going to help things at all.

You also still haven't explained what the audio+ and audio- is all about?.

So currently what happens is the circuit takes in the audio signal, amplifies it, and outputs it to the LED. This does what I intend it to do, which is to pulse with the audio signal. However this leaves nothing for the actual speaker to output, which is why i'm trying to split the signal so that part goes to the speaker as well.

In his previous thread he was told to eliminate the 1k resistor and I posted an LM386 circuit that has the proper supply bypass capacitor and has the negative input biased to turn off the LED without signal. It even has a peak detector circuit so that the peaks of the music are clearly seen.

The positive and negative audio inputs are new to this thread and need an explanation as follows:

"Splitting"? If the positive input is from a speaker then the gain of the LM386 is too high and should have an input volume control as was shown twice in the other thread. The input to the volume control to the LM386 draws such a small current that splitting is not required. Just connect the input to the volume control to positive wire of the speaker.

The negative wire of the speaker is ground if it is a home stereo and connects to the ground of the LM386. If it is in a car then the negative wire of the speaker is also driven from the output of an amplifier then the ground of the LM386 circuit should be connected to the ground of the amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back