Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice models of dual package ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboybob

Most Helpful Member
Just curious.

(And I realize precious few members use TI's TINA sim, but...)

I've been told by the Texas Instruments folks that is it a common "industry" practice to include dual package IC spice models that only have one IC (when displayed in Schematic Mode), and yet have a PCB footprint for two.

For instance, a dual package timer NE556 (or SA, SE or TLC).

And when the schematic using the 556 (again, with only the one timer) is passed to the PCB generator, pins 8-13 aren't unattached to anything.

Of course, only one timer was available for the schematic, so obviously only one would show up on the PCB, but...

Note the Spice .TXT (renamed from .LIB) below for the 556. It seems to have both timers defined:

View attachment TLC556.txt

For example:

TLC556 ckt.JPG

And:

TLC556 PCB result.JPG

Any thoughts, solutions or is this just how it is?

In TINA you can create "macros" using two individual sections of the multi-functional chips.

Very few schematics would have a 556 listed as "one" timer. A pictorial will, but not a schematic.

Thanks, Joe.

I haven't played with the macros yet. I'll give it a go.

Very few schematics would have a 556 listed as "one" timer. A pictorial will, but not a schematic.
Not sure what you mean.

I may very well be back to you for advice.

CBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back