Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPICE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANALA

DELAY= exp[(Vth2-Vth1)/n*Vth]
Is there any way so that i can input this equation to the SPICE tool and plot Delay Vs supply voltage?

Welcome to ETO!
You can use the DELAY function to characterise a Behavioral Voltage or Behavioral Current source.

My first step would be to implement and simulate an inverter using a particular technology node and plot delay vs supply voltage graph for different values of Vth.

Next i want to validate my model against the simulated one using my proposed equation and compare the 2 graphs...since i m knew to SPICE i dont know how to go ahead with the second step..

I basically want to know how can i enter the mentioned equation n plot the graph for different values of Vth,Vth1, Vth2 and supply voltage?

Here how the Delay() function works in an Behavioral Voltage Source expression:

51.png

I delay V(in) by 200us, and multiply it by 2. Read the LTSpice Help file for circuit element B.

Attachments

• Draft51.asc
    448 bytes · Views: 226
Last edited:
Here is how you vary the delay timing:
51a.png

You can make either argument to Delay() a function of various things. Either argument can be an arbitrarily complex expression which is a function of some node voltage, branch current, or a varying parameter as I show above.

To get a power graph (rather than a voltage y-axis) from a Behavioral Voltage component 'power expression', use a 1A current source on the output of the B component and Alt-click the Current source to display dissipated Watts on the graph.

Here is how you vary the delay timing:View attachment 107549

You can make either argument to Delay() a function of various things. Either argument can be an arbitrarily complex expression which is a function of some node voltage, branch current, or a varying parameter as I show above.

I don't wish to introduce delay in my waveform but rather i want to calculate the delay of the inverter using my proposed equation. The simulated circuit can be used to calculate delay..this i m aware of..but in the second step i want to validate my proposed model against the simulated one...so how do i do this?

proposed equation
the eq. at #1 is quite simplistic - that is - it means it's more likely to "match" (loosely) a huge amount of experiment data (with systematic errors -- not shown in your formula) why don't you show us the part of the grid with test points on the signal path & everything in between

the Spice is likely evt.-wise driven "quanted computation table" that hopefully preserves the energy conservation law e.g. all it's timing data is questionable or requires a sophisticated simulation setup . . .

+ your formulas dimensional (unit-wise) analysis makes me wonder how you get DELAY dimensioned by (SI) second considering the cap formula for example

Attachments

• CapF.gif
    CapF.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back