Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed sensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbrite

Hello Folks.....

i'm working on a digital speedometer....

i jus want to know about speed sensors......all about them.....any websites on them ?....also any good cheap available such sensors.....i tried googling.....but thats jus toooooooo much info......

even a simple switch can be used as a speed sensor, count the pulse for a given time the result is proportional to the speed

scotchbrite said:
Hello Folks.....

i'm working on a digital speedometer....

i jus want to know about speed sensors......all about them.....any websites on them ?....also any good cheap available such sensors.....i tried googling.....but thats jus toooooooo much info......

Hi there!

You need to narrow your terms--both on Google and here. "Speed sensor" could mean a lot of different things, and neither a search engine nor people on a forum will want to guess at what you mean.

What do you want to measure the speed of? A car? A robot wheel? A data transfer? A subatomic particle? Try to describe the actual application and the precise problem you're trying to solve.

Post more information, and good luck!

Torben

For a signal source, you need to use the drive shaft or the speedo cable coming out of the tranny. For resolution, the pick up will have to output several pulses per driveshaft revolution. And then you'll need to figure some way to calibrate the ditital speedo - relating pulses/sec to actual speed.

Search this Electro Tech forum for speedometer and tachometer. You will get some good info and an intro to microcontrollers.

Guys stop responding to this guy...he's obviously either a complete moron or a fake poster...look at his other posts.

Post deleted!.

Txt speak (and other such rubbish) is NOT allowed on these (or any other decent) forums!.

If you can't be bothered to make the slightest effort to communicate properly, why should anyone bother answering?.

Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
scotchbrite said:
well thank u for the compliments trevorP.......kindly request u to point out wats wrong wid my other posts.....coz i'm kinda newbie to electronics.......i'll gladly correct my errors.......

to the others......well i'm doin a microcontroller based device.....this device will be able to tx data wireless-ly to other similar devices....this device will be used in cars....like wen two cars come in the opposite directions....these devices will communicate wid each other n automatically switch their headlights to low beam....coz in india alot of accidents happen coz of high beam drivin...i need a speed sensor for a car.....the reason being that...this device also holds data about the vehicle.....so if a cop wants to find out anthing abt the vehicle.....all he has to do is to punch in the car registration number on another similar microcontroller based device which would communicate with the device on the vehicle n tell the cop everything abt the vehicle including the speed of the vehicle.......so i need a speed sensor for vehicles......hope i've given enough info......

thank u!!

I can only hope that this is a joke or that you aren't ACTUALLY in 3-4th year engineering. That is the WORST grammar I have ever seen on the internet...not even a translator would be that bad.

TrevorP said:
That is the WORST grammar I have ever seen on the internet...not even a translator would be that bad.

Actually, the grammar does not look too bad to me. :)

The spelling and puctuation is a different matter ...:D

don't mind guys.
it happen all the time when u spend more time writing mobile SMS's. hhhmmmmm..

to scotchbrite
well bhai mere,aap india ki izzat yaha pe mat nikalo.agar aap ko help chahiye to seedhe english me poochona.

Nigel_Goodwin said:
Post deleted!.

Txt speak (and other such rubbish) is NOT allowed on these (or any other decent) forums!.

If you can't be bothered to make the slightest effort to communicate properly, why should anyone bother answering?.

Moderator.
Lol, nice one Nigel!

Perhaps you should can that edit!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back