Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed of stepper motor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i worked on the stepper today..well i accelarated the motor as u said and the results i got are:
the max. rpm it is giving is 20 no matter how quickly or slowly i accelarate it.(i tried to accelarate it from 1rpm to 30 rpm but it gives max. of 20 rpm..)
this rpm is independent of the input com. voltage.(i trid from 6v to 20v and only the torque changes on changing the voltage)..

so, should i assume that the max. rpm of the stepper is 20 or it can be increased in any other way??
how do we generally check the max. rpm of a stepper?
is placing resistors a solution??
@duffy..looking forward 4 a reply..thanks in advance..
@others..please read the prev. posts for specifications of my motor and driver.

Contact the manufature and inquire about the maxium RPM. Steppers tend to be low RPM motors as they're designed for controlled rotation.

Yes, steppers don't run nearly as fast as a brush-type motor.

i got the steppers from somewhere long time back and i dont remember the supplier..is there any other way to know the max. rpm...anyways there must be some way to speed up the motor.?

This is stupid, but sometimes works - loosen the set screw on the motor shaft coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back