Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speech Input with ArduinoMini

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStu

Hey all,

I'm was planning to design this: getting speech input from a mic, sample it with the ADC, and then transmit over Wi-Fi to a computer. All of this to be done "close to real time". Basically, streaming audio wirelessly.

Now after some research, I'm thinking that maybe the ArduinoMini is just not up for it. (too slow, having not enough buffer memory etc? )

Have anybody have any experience in audio streaming using microcontroller or have any reference, or sees any points that would cause this to fail?

Thanks all for your time and help:)

Help with a similar project!

Hi DrStu.
Did you have any success with this? I am desperately seeking advice on the exact same topic. Though I would like to stream over Ethernet.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much :)

Hey all,

I'm was planning to design this: getting speech input from a mic, sample it with the ADC, and then transmit over Wi-Fi to a computer. All of this to be done "close to real time". Basically, streaming audio wirelessly.

Now after some research, I'm thinking that maybe the ArduinoMini is just not up for it. (too slow, having not enough buffer memory etc? )

Have anybody have any experience in audio streaming using microcontroller or have any reference, or sees any points that would cause this to fail?

Thanks all for your time and help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back