Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speech encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

faezehdn

hi everyone.
I need to encrypt speech that is being transmitted over FM (20kHz)
I can encrypt speech signal while its analog (is there any IC i can use ?)
or convert it to digital and then encrypt it.
the method using for encryption should be simple.
any idea where should I start ? any reliable source ?
which one do you think would be easier digital or analog ?
I googled it and know the basics, but I don't know where to start.
thanks everyone.

The simpler the encryption, the less secure it is.
How secure do you need, just from the casual eavesdropper or from a dedicated hacker / the government?

Many years ago I made an audio scrambler with an MC1496 balanced modulator/demodulator IC, a crystal oscillator, a counter and a couple of switched capacitor lowpass filter ICs. It was for a wireless FM microphone and made single sideband suppressed carrier signals. The high audio frequencies became low frequencies and the low audio frequencies became high frequencies and voice words were completely unintelligible. The descrambler used a very similar circuit and tits sound was perfect. It worked so well that my prototype was sold as the finished product.

Why **broken link removed**

Many years ago I made an audio scrambler with an MC1496 balanced modulator/demodulator IC, a crystal oscillator, a counter and a couple of switched capacitor lowpass filter ICs. It was for a wireless FM microphone and made single sideband suppressed carrier signals. The high audio frequencies became low frequencies and the low audio frequencies became high frequencies and voice words were completely unintelligible. The descrambler used a very similar circuit and tits sound was perfect. It worked so well that my prototype was sold as the finished product.
well done,I've read about frequency domain voice scrambler.
any idea where should I start ? any article I can use ?

another way is just do a frequency inversion low audio tones become high and visa versa
makes the resulting audio unintelligible

Maybe you could try (pre-carrier) ADC (CH1), XOR bits with fixed-pattern (CH2). Then DAC.
Then at audio of receiver, ADC again, XOR (scrambled audio) bits (CH1) with identical fixed-pattern (CH2).
Then DAC to recover analog audio.
This works in theory when simulated (Profilab Expert).
Never constructed it in "real world". ..no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back