Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spanish government against solar panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

synaptic

Hard to believe but true.
The Spanish government are taxing sunlight.
If you don't pay , your equipment will be confiscated.

What is the " reasoning " behind this ?
Is it because using sunlight means there will be a bit less for everyone else ?
Or is it to protect the massive profits of the electricity companies ?

The strange part is that wind turbines seem to have escaped their attention ( for now ).

Oops .... hope they are not reading this post :)

Wind farms pay taxes in a way or another.

To me, what they do is taxing equipment as much as your Mercedes, your Piper or that incredible yacht you anchored at Ibiza. Ah, also your bike in the garage...:happy:

The strange part is that wind turbines seem to have escaped their attention ( for now ).
hi syn,
At the present time wind turbines are heavily subsidised by the UK Government, wind turbines cost much more to build and to maintain than the value of electricity they produce.
When I say Government, I of course mean us, the tax payer.

E

Hola Eric,
From all what I know about the wind power generation in this part of the world (spent quite some time discharging parts for several wind farms) those who import them pay taxes.

I will ask about subsidies. After all, many activities are subsidied here, why not one more...

Government with a revenue shortfall, will look at other sources of revenue, some ridiculous and ludicrous.

Since you can read Spanish, please Google "impuestos a ventanas".

Same argument here in the US. Those who install residential solar systems where excess generation back-feeds the grid must pay the electric utility a "connection fee" to offset the costs incurred by the utility to manage the load balancing when a cloud goes by...

The problem for the utility is that they have to keep steam pressure up in the event that their reserve capacity is needed suddenly. Having a bunch of solar systems tied to "their" grid makes it much harder for them to manage, and real costs are incurred, which it is not fair to place on those customers (like me) who choose not to install solar. I wont have it at my place because of the #$%^%$ RFI the grid-tie inverters make...

I hear they are going to tax electronic forums by the word.
So keep it short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back