Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spa Motor 2 speed wiring diagram needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

I have a Flo-Master xp2 by Aqua-flo manufactured by EME Spa Italy
Nearest I have found to the right model is this
**broken link removed**

I am fixing a pump that the wiring has been messed up and need a circuit diagram
It has a 4 pin plug (3 pins plus an earth) coming into it ,one black common and a wire to each low and high speed windings with a capacitor on each winding . There is a small relay to connect in the small capacitor it seems

It says low is 1.8A Cos .95 1420 revs 16uF Cap
It says high is10.3A Cos .97 2800 revs 45uF Cap (Huge change in Current?)

MDP 93556595
K1453A82A6100

Can anyone help with a schematic or generic type schematic Please?

Last edited:
What does the motor info plate show?

Here are some generic wiring examples. The one I "arrowed" is for a standard two power winding type (what you have I suspect).

2speedmotor wiring.JPG

Correct on the cap sizing differences.

If you can, check the resistance of the two windings (with the common green [actually green should be safety ground]. Is there a white wire?). The higher resistance winding will be the high speed connection (and using the 45μF cap).

Resistance was about 25 ohms on the high and 22 or so on the low
The wires going into the plug from the spa controller are a green to earth, a white common , a red to high speed and a black to low
The plate has been burnt by a dried out capacitor letting go and mostly has been obliterated

Would they normally set these up with both windings running for high and only one running for low ?
Or would the high speed be just one winding and the low speed the other winding?

Also would both windings be running at the same phase or is the phase of one offset from the phase of the other?

Last edited:
Resistance was about 25 ohms on the high and 22 or so on the low
The wires going into the plug from the spa controller are a green to earth, a white common , a red to high speed and a black to low
The plate has been burnt by a dried out capacitor letting go and mostly has been obliterated

Would they normally set these up with both windings running for high and only one running for low ?
Or would the high speed be just one winding and the low speed the other winding?

Also would both windings be running at the same phase or is the phase of one offset from the phase of the other?

As you have observed, black is low speed and red is high speed. Two seperate windings, but with a common opposite lead. Once hooked up, should black not be low speed, the effect will be obvious. Simply swap black for red.

On that note, observe capacitor selection as chosing the wrong one for the application will, eventually, destroy it.

And, no, phase would be the same in both, just one at a time (since there's not but one phase to begin with).

<EDIT> Should point out that, in fact, starting phase would be slightly different between the two due to capacitor values, but running phase would be identical.

Last edited:
Thanks cowboybob
All true ,have it running nicely now
I think one winding was 26 ohm but the other only 1.5 ohm or so on a second check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back