Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound Relay Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Hi all I need a simple circuit to latch a relay when there is only sound available.
& when there's no sound the relay will off.

I'm taking sound signal from a PA amplifier speaker output.

Thanks

How many watts is this PA amplifier? What is the speaker impedance? You have to determine a volume level to trigger the relay. Above zero is not an option due to noise/hum/etc.

Hi I'm going to use this circuit is it ok?The monstable time delay cct will keep the relay latch longer time.

Attachments

• Sound RL.JPG
    Sound RL.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 978
Last edited:
The 100VAC output from the amplifier might destroy the emitter-base diode of the transistor when the peak of the signal goes 140V negative.

The transistor will be turned on only for the loudest signals from the amplifier.

The 100VAC output from the amplifier might destroy the emitter-base diode of the transistor when the peak of the signal goes 140V negative.

The transistor will be turned on only for the loudest signals from the amplifier.

Hi audioguru thanks for your input so what do I have to do?

Hi audioguru thanks for your input so what do I have to do?
Place a diode from emitter to base. Cathode to base, Anode to emitter, This will protect the transistor.

For more consistent operation, place a 10K resistor in parallel with this diode.

The circuit I see will trigger on sounds greater than about 1/10 watt. If it is too sensitive, use a 10K potentiometer from emitter to base (instead of a fixed 10K.)

Last edited:
Hi mneary thats what I really needed.

So here is my final circuit.

Thanks for your guidance.That's really really nice :D

Attachments

• Sound Trigger.PNG
    Sound Trigger.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 583
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips