Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sound from cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on upgrading... When i upgrade, i am going to get a few more SATA drives, and two more DVD drives. I did not mention all of the fans that i have cooling the system (currently four plus a cpu fan, but there will be a few more added soon).

The next video card i buy requires a 500watt psu at least, and with the additional HDs and the DVD drives, i am sure it will be sucking quite a bit.

guys..atlast i seem to have solved it... it was just one of the wires ( from my dvd drive) which was kinda lying over the fan, and vibrating like hell... so i reassembled it and now it (seems) fine..

:D oh yea, that will do it as well. Who built that computer?? I would recommened zip-ties next time.

mramos1 said:
:D oh yea, that will do it as well. Who built that computer?? I would recommened zip-ties next time.

it wasnt built by me ... but i once dissembled it and re-assembled it..

Some rubish might have just go caught in the fan on either the PSU or the CPU. Take it to bits, vacuum up all the dust and check that the fans can spin freely and nothing is jamming them.

ooh, i havn't seen that yet! I want to get quad SLI, but i don't even have PCIE yet... :(

NJ: :D Maybe a trailor and a small petro generator on the back of the car?

Or were to talking computer and video card, and still 1kW is a lot of power.. Either way I got a laugh.

Is it special RAM on video the board, lots of dead shorted RAM chips and a system that picks out the working ones. :) Just kidding, but 1kW is a LOT of power.

So let me guess, 2 500w PSUs, or do they actually have a 1kW PSU?

The main plateing rectifier at my work is a 3,000 amp 0-25 volt supply. That's 75kw's max. We only run it at 9-12 volts though but it's still in the 20-40kw range. It's not regulated but it's run off three phase power so the ripple is almost smooth as glass. The windings of the primary and secondary transformers are ribbons and aranged to provide for at least some capacitance to help smooth things out. It's about 30 years old and the size of a compact car. I think that might be a bit overkill for a PC =)

Sceadwian said:
The main plateing rectifier at my work is a 3,000 amp 0-25 volt supply. That's 75kw's max. We only run it at 9-12 volts though but it's still in the 20-40kw range. It's not regulated but it's run off three phase power so the ripple is almost smooth as glass. The windings of the primary and secondary transformers are ribbons and aranged to provide for at least some capacitance to help smooth things out. It's about 30 years old and the size of a compact car. I think that might be a bit overkill for a PC =)

It is overkill for my house. Well maybe not with all the new game machines that come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back