Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony_Trinitron TV problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranatungawk

Im using old “Sony_Trinitron_KV-2192M3” TV. Since last few days, I found some channels are very unclear or no pictures at all ( see pic 1 to 3 ). Some channels which I watched very clearly (high gain ), can barely watched with shadows (see pic 4 & 5). However I didn’t find any other problems such as “screen width issue issue”, “power off issue”, or TV function problems. So I did following things :

Antenna connection (RF) directly connected to the Tuner unit ( BT-EG201) - problem remain same.
Tuner was removed from the mother bored and all DRY joists were re-soldered. - problem remain same.
Motherboard was re-soldered - problem remain same.

Could you please give me a advice on fixing this ? what should I do next ?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 250
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 247
Those are probably scrambled channels there are several different types of systems that once were commonly used from inverted video to missing sync pulses.
As you had stated "on same channels".

jer :)

Check mains filter electrolytic cap before the SMPS. Looks like hum bars on the last 2 pictures.

or, as I answered you on another forum a very crappy TV signal poor, damaged coax or antenna and or connectors

the severe ghosting in several of the pics indicate a multipathing signal

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back