Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SONY STR-DE915

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRosell14843

I have full use of the receiver and all component parts but the rear surround speakers wont work. I have run through the manualfor set up and all and it just wont fix the problem. The center speaker works on the same row with the surrounds. Any suggestions?

Surround speakers

I have not come across this problem before. First check the gain levels of the rear speakers to make sure that they are not set too low. If this is not the problem then maybe the amplifying transistors for the surround channels may have been damaged if the wrong impedance setting / speakers were used or, there may be a dry joint somewhere. I would suggest that you check the circuit around the surround speakers section.

The RepairWorld database offers the following hits for Sony + 915 (format EquipType, Make, Model, Problem/Symptom, Solution):

AUDIO SONY STRDE915 No audio out of A & B only rear channels. Q503 BN1A4M and IC501 bad uPC2581V

AUDIO SONY STR-DE915 NO SURROUND SOUND REPLACE I.C. 701,Q503&Q504,Q701&Q703

AUDIO SONY STRD915 Found one side of coil on the power relay unsoldered. Resolder relay.

AUDIO SONY STRD915 FM station does not come in. Replaced FM front end FE1.

AUDIO SONY STRD915 Unit would go into speaker protect in every mode but acoustic. IC621 875950233 REAR POWER AMP IC

AUDIO SONY STRD915 The memory preset, direct, and tape function buttons are inoperable. FRONT PANEL

AUDIO SONY STRD915 NO DISPLAY - REPLACED D101 D101 871998763 DIODE

AUDIO SONY STRD915 Unit had noise in output with volume control down. Noise would not increase with volume control. C629 112492711 CAPACITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back