Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony ICF-SW7600GR antenna connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

earckens

The Sony ICF-7600GR is a portable LW/MW/SW/FM receiver with SSB capability. In annex there is the service manual (I could not retrieve page 9 (block diagram) and page 12 (schematic) , so I had to post the entire manual).
The antenna connector J101 is a 3-pole 3.5mm jack with ground, 6V supply voltage and antenna input.

Would someone please be able to help find out which of the 3 poles is the 6V and which is the antenna signal input? Possibly also with indication on what pin of the jack connector to solder each of these.

Reason being is that I want to connect my own active antenna.

EDIT one hour later: a bit of measuring gave me this result: on a 3-pole jack, the first ring is ground, the last ring (the tip) is 6V and the middle ring is the antenna. Does this correspond with the shematic on page 12? I cannot decipher that part.

Attachments

• Sony_ICF-SW7600GR_service_manual.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
The way the PCB and schematic are drawn implies it is a two-pole connector with ground on the sleeve and both antenna input and power on the tip. The third connection is a break contact that disconnects the internal antenna when an external one is plugged in.

That is a common type of circuit to allow for amplified or simple antennas.

In the external antenna, power is taken via a choke so the RF is not affected and the signal through a capacitor, so the RF is passed but not DC power.

It's pretty much the same as the feed in the radio, L101 and C110 on page 12.
R110 provides current limiting & short circuit protection, needed at the supply end.

Example circuit that uses this concept - the "coax" connection would be the plug to connect to the radio, the right-hand part is equivalent to what is in the radio.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back