Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SONY ICF 7600D oscillator crystal 150KHz -- unable to source for replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi atferrari,
It makes a nice change being able to start answering the question after post #1 rather than spending a week finding out what the question really is.

Les.

I learn a lot reading what you, the heavy weights in this site (Sharma, of course included) , comment or reply.

I was surprised of him saying he could not program. Now I know he knows how.

The question I am afraid to pose (I should know already, I think): the crystal would generate a sinusoidal signal while the 12F would generate a square wave. Would it work anyway?

Not with the intention of derailing your thread Sharma!!

Thanks Les. I can do that part of the work as I have mplab right in my desktop.
I do have a 12F675 . let me search. Many thanks .

The question I am afraid to pose (I should know already, I think): the crystal would generate a sinusoidal signal while the 12F would generate a square wave. Would it work anyway?

Not with the intention of derailing your thread Sharma!!
Nothing of that sort atferrari, . Please feel free. After all i never wrote serious code earlier, though i was able to do minor mods to asm and basic codes earlier.
I recall a small code i wrote to generate 60Hz for a clock where the mm5369 chip crashed.and it worked .
the present work is a replacement of 150KHz crystal that was working around a 4 bit micro , UPD1706G-55 in Sony icf 7600D

Hi sarma,
I've found my PIC12F675 and modified the code and tested it. (Still with a 12Mhz crystal.) and it works ok. It works down to about 2.7 volts but it is not guaranteed to by the data sheet. I have not yet modified it to work with a 6Mhz crystal.
If you want the assembeled code as a .HEX file contact me via the forum messaging system with an email address.

Hi atferrari,
It makes a nice change being able to start answering the question after post #1 rather than spending a week finding out what the question really is.

Les.
here is the assembled hex , Les.

Attachments

• 12f675 150khz osc.HEX
    216 bytes · Views: 197
Hi sarma,
I have done a file compare of my .hex file and your .hex file and they are identical. As soon as you can find a 12 Mhz crystal you should be able to try injecting 150 Khz into the IC in the radio. If you find a 6Mhz crystal first then to make the code work with that just remove 5 NOP instructions in each group of NOP instructions. By doing this you will reduce the number of instruction cycles in the loop from 20 to 10. (I did not relise you could upload a .HEX file.)

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back