Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony HCD-DZ880W

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortiko

I have this sony receiver and it doesn't power on at all...

Power Supply model: 09DAV-POWER-MR-MP-13
I started looking the power supply and fuse on it are ok.
At rectifier output i measure 32V dc

The red circle the output is 8V and on pcb it reads 32-0 32-0
So i suppose this is the problem but don't know how to find the defective part
Every part on pcb looks ok...

Any suggestions will be appreciated

pssony.jpg

pssony2.jpg

If it's any help. here's the service manual.

Oops! - it's too large for the forum to accept, do you have a proper email address that will accept large attachments? (PM me if you do).

Found out today that FR929 is open.
Can i replace it with simple 1 ohm 1 watt resistor?

That would make me suspect IC921 - but you could certainly try a simple 1 ohm resistor (leave it stuck up on long wires) - the original is a special safety type, but while working on it a normal one will be fine (it will get destroyed in a much more 'exciting' way :D).

Well i am back with not so good news
I powerd on the PS with 1,2 A fuse in place of FR929 and fuse blown and burned smell came from IC921 MR4020-7103
icon_sad.gif

After that i replaced fuse (FR929) and without mains power connected i tested the resistance of IC921 and it is 28 ohms...

So this IC is dead i suppose and hard to find for replacment ?
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

In a store i looked i found only the one in first picture below(the burned out is second pic with long legs)

Will this work for replacement if i use wires to connect all legs as the old one ?
87513.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!pIFElNqME8qBR)LD9u8eg~~60_57.JPG

EDIT: To avoid confusion I underline that I am not the original poster but I have repaired a virtually identical power supply with similar symptoms.

Thanks to your help I fixed mine: C912 had failed (short circuit).

More details :-
I have a DAV-DZ280 with a 09DAV-POWER-MR-MP-12 (instead of -13) power supply board which is virtually identical.
The symptoms were similar: it didn't power on and mine had 0 V on all outputs.
I checked the resistors suggested in another forum and all were OK.
However there was only about 200 mV on the emitter of Q922 and even less on VCC of IC921.
The 320 V rail was OK and I noticed that the heatsink of IC921 was pretty warm.
I measured the resistance from VCC to GND of IC921: only about 7 ohms so obviously something was very wrong in the vicinity.
I read above that capacitors in Sony products rarely fail so I thought "****, IC921 must be dead".
(Particularly as, while searching for IC921's data sheet, I saw that someone was trying to sell them on Amazon at £71.00 + £12.00 shipping :( )
Otherwise C912 seemed the most likely to fail so I unsoldered it and found with relief that it was indeed short circuit.
I replaced it and my DAV-DZ280 came back to life :)

Thank you all for your invaluable help.
I hope that this account of my experience helps others in turn.

Last edited:
i have the same problem about 8V output and not 32V. Can i have the user manual please, i can't find online. Thanks

Last edited:
i have the same problem about 8V output and not 32V. Can i have the user manual please, i can't find online. Thanks
There is the same post with more information and with links to manuals with similar power supplies on the BadCaps.net forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back