Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Somebody please help me!! URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagadish

Hi,

I am doing a Project based on PIC 16F877. I am using IC Prog105D. I am facing a problem related during its programming. My problem is that every time i try programming PIC , I get the error 'Verify failed at 0000h!'. I am pasting the code below-

;Program for setting port B pins to logical one.
;Version: 1.0 Date: 25.04.2005 MCU: PIC16F877 Author: JaGSABR

;****** Declarations and microcontroller configuration ******

PROCESSOR 16F877
#include "p16f877.inc"

__CONFIG _CP_OFF&_WDT_OFF&_PWRTE_ON&_HS_OSC

;****** Declaraion of variables ******

Cblock 0x0C ; Beginning of RAM
endc ; No variables

;;****** Program memory structure ******

ORG 0x00 ; Reset vector
goto Main ; After reset jump to location

ORG 0x04 ; Interrupt vector
goto Main ; No interrupt routine

Main ; Beginning of the program
banksel TRISB ; Select the bank containing TRISB
clrf TRISB ; Port B is output
banksel PORTB ; Select the bank containing PORTB
movlw 0xff ; W=FF
movwf PORTB ; Set all ones to port B
Loop goto Loop ; Jump to label Loop

End

Thanks in advance.

Regards :(

Posting the code is irrelevent, the problem is that the PIC isn't getting switched to programming mode - by far the most common reason for this is too little voltage on the MCLR pin.

You don't mention which programmer you are using, but if it's a JDM type serial one this is a common problem - as the JDM relies on your PC being above RS232 spec.

I get the same message when I try to program my PIC18F4320 with JDM & IC-Prog 1.05D. I just turned off the "verify during programming" feauture and it works OK...

Thank you Nigel for addressing my concern.

As I am new to Microcontroller programming I am not sure what went wrong. In reply to your question regarding programmer-I am using IC Prog105 C progammer.
Thank you again

Nigel Goodwin said:
Posting the code is irrelevent, the problem is that the PIC isn't getting switched to programming mode - by far the most common reason for this is too little voltage on the MCLR pin.

You don't mention which programmer you are using, but if it's a JDM type serial one this is a common problem - as the JDM relies on your PC being above RS232 spec.

I think Nigel is referring to which hardware programmer you are using. It seems to be a hardware problem. Are you using a commerical programmer or a home-made one?

Nigel,
I am attaching the picture of the circuit of the programmer which I am using.I have tested the voltage at the different line and found that the voltage needed for 13V is 12.9V and for 5V is 4.97V. Please have a look at the circuit.I got the Programmer from

http://www.techdesign.be/projects/0...he circuit given there. Thank you once again

Jagadish said:
Nigel,
I am attaching the picture of the circuit of the programmer which I am using.I have tested the voltage at the different line and found that the voltage needed for 13V is 12.9V and for 5V is 4.97V. Please have a look at the circuit.I got the Programmer from

http://www.techdesign.be/projects/0...he circuit given there. Thank you once again

I'm presuming you have this connected to the serial port?, the webpage incorrectly says "through the printer port (RS232)".

As it's essentially a slightly modified P16PRO40, you should be able to use WinPicProg with it - this will give you WinPicProg's manual toggle facilities, which allow you to statically test the hardware with a voltmeter.

Its the parallel printer 25-pin port to which I have connected the programmer. The reading frome the PIC16F877 is correct as the blank PIC reads all 3FFFh it shows that. I got the WinPICProg now and I will check and let u know.
Thanks for ur immediate reply.

When I checked the voltages at the Data,Clock,MLCR/Vpp and Vcc/Vdd pins, I came across a mistake in the wiring of the data pin to ground. When corrected it programmed and verified well usin the IC-Prog software itself.
Thanking you all once again for the valuable help,

Jagadish :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back