Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some thing to think about befor you hang a garage that new opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

I tell you i was fixing a bad garage door opener went to lowe and got a new one
set the spring so they have the right pull. Try it all out and she was as good as new the door had been up for over 10 year i figure it had to be mounted good. I was just picking up all my tools and Bang the whole door came off the house.
It pulled the 2x6 off the wall they where just nailed to the sheetrock. I tell you what from now on I check to see if they have it mounted good to the house.
It's no easy job getting down a 16 foot door that's pulled a foot a way from the wall and it was all wood.

Ouch...maybe the door was jammed, and caused the 'bad' opener to fail. The new opener could have just corrected the jam by pulling the whole thing off.

Do you have video?

I tell you i was fixing a bad garage door opener went to lowe and got a new one
set the spring so they have the right pull. Try it all out and she was as good as new the door had been up for over 10 year i figure it had to be mounted good. I was just picking up all my tools and Bang the whole door came off the house.
It pulled the 2x6 off the wall they where just nailed to the sheetrock. I tell you what from now on I check to see if they have it mounted good to the house.
It's no easy job getting down a 16 foot door that's pulled a foot a way from the wall and it was all wood.
Sheesh, even dis hillbilly don't gots grammar likes that! :confused:

Sheesh, even dis hillbilly don't gots grammar likes that!
And I thought I would make a writer some day LOL.
Well I'll keep my day job then.

And I thought I would make a writer some day LOL.
Well I'll keep my day job then.
Oh you can still attain your dream as a journalist ... just that some of us will read your publications more s-l-o-w-l-y ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back