Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some questions about dc motor and dc generator, or dc machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi,

I was watching the video below at the bottom on dc machine and wanted to clarify some points.

Question 1:
The following question is about the video segment from 8:21 to 9:20.

dc_machine_1.jpg

To get the waveform ABCD, the commutator segments should be arranged in such a way that from A to B, the brushes make contact with one coil and from B to C, the brushes make contact with the other coil and so on. Do I have it right?

Question 2:

dc_machine_2.jpg

It shows only one coil with four magnet poles. Suppose the coil rotating clockwise. I don't think that any voltage (or, current?) should be produced because both sides of the coil are cutting the same strength and similarly oriented magnetic field lines in the same direction. Do I have it right?

Question 3:

dc_machine_3.jpg

This question is actually a continuation of Question 2. If E and G makes a coil, and F and H makes another coil, this wouldn't generate any current. Yes, it would work if, say, E and F make one coil, and G and H another coil. Do you agree?

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back