Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some one help with a compaq power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raheem

AOA
yeah i m back again finally after my a level exams! the problem now, i blew up my compaq's power supply :p and the transistor that burnt completley was k2101. :x now the thing is that it is not available in the market. :shock: what do i do? what is the function of that transistor? and can i run my cpu on a standard 12V motorbike battery? :idea:

Japanese transistors often omit their prefix when labeling.
Try a search on 2SK2101.
I think you will find that it is a N-channel MOSFET rated at 800 volts and 6 amps.
Most comparable MOSFETs will replace it.
Regards :wink:

If you are talking about a desktop unit, you might want to consider trashing the power supply and replacing it. While that may sound extreem, I have found that computer shops often have used power supplies in the 300 watt and lower for around $12 US that have been salvaged from older units. An ATX unit will run you $5 more.

Hi,

It has blown for a reason.

Check the other stuff,
starting with the caps.

John

I just stripped some Compaq power supplies for parts.
It wasn't interchangeable with common PC supplies.
It had this weird connector to the motherboard.
No cable, it just plugged itself directly to the side of the motherboard.
And the connector wasn't the standard at or atx.
:?:

I just stripped some Compaq power supplies for parts.
It wasn't interchangeable with common PC supplies.

Compaq is well known for having proprietary connectors, mountings, memory chips, etc. Once upon a time, it caused me some trouble too.

Our first "portable" computer was a compaq... it was the size of a large briefcase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back