Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some Help with Superbright LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cop Killer

I recently bought 6 high power/superbright LED's and i want to place them around my computer case to enhance my case mod.

I would like to get the power from the computer power supply as i already have a 12v molex socket and would use a PCB to attach of the leads, resistors etc.
What i want to know is what resistance i would need to use to make sure the LED's don't blow up (I've done this with normal LED's) and what the tracks on the PCB would look like.

Any info would be appreciated :D

You can use this calculator find the value of the resistor needed.

If you put the LEDs in series, add their respective forward voltages together, if you put them in parallel, add their respective current usages together.

You might also look up some Ohm's Law information so you actually understand what the calculator is doing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back