Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solving a simple Ohms law circuit (parallel and series circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandoN9

1602535135426.png

I know there is a serial and parallel circuit

I know R1 = 2k, R3 = 1k and i know Vout which is 1V. And i know 5V is coming from supply. I need to calculate the size of resistor R2.

Can somebody explain me with exact equations to calculate R2, and currents which run trough resistors (step by step please)

I can calculate :
1) IR1 = 5-1V/2000ohms = 2mA
2) UR1 = 0,002A*2000ohms=4V voltage drop on R1

How do i go on finding R2?

Help will be much appreciated!

Assuming there's no current drawn off the Vout connection...
You know there's 2mA flowing through R1
R3 has 1/1000 = 1mA
So 2-1=1mA through R2 - so it must be 1k also

or alternatively - R2&R3 in parallel have one fifth of 5V across them - so they have a fifth of the overall resistance.
2000 ohms is four of the fifths so 500 ohms make the other fifth up - so R2 & R3 in paralall must equal 500 ohms. Which is what you get from 2 x 1000 ohms in parallel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back