Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(solved) Need help with pneumatic-electric switches inside motor unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Right, my neightbor gave this project. He salvaged old massage table, or operating table of doctor. Etiher way, table has two motors, which operating voltage is 230vac, but control is air-controlled. More specifically, switches inside are pneumatically controlled. If I'd have original control module, I wouldn't have to ask this, but what approaches is there to make these motors work? I've succeeded in testing reasons with medical syringe, that motors do work, as well as that switches operate using air. (blue box in photo)
link to photo:

https://i.imgur.com/MBJJh5k.jpg

other option would be to hardwire control wires to external switches and replace these pneumatic switches with 6-wire cable. There's two microswitches inside of that blue box,NC/NO contacts?
And, here is photo of motor ID plate:

https://i.imgur.com/IDwayC6.jpg

So, basicly I'm looking for way to operate these original switches without external compressor, no idea if it's possible. But, I hear you guys suggestions!
Thanks! Ask if anything is confusing.

The use of pneumatic switches may have been to ensure electrical isolation, so if you intend replacing them you may wish to consider using opto-isolation instead.

Thanks guys. Yeah, about operating, customer is ok with either hand or feet operation (he was asking for feet operation, forgot to mention that). I was too thinking of isolation issues, but didn't think of using optoisolators.

Well, considereing work, that switch you linked JimB is good option!. I'll see if I can source that locally.

There are pneumatic switches for garbage disposals and hot tubs. You might want to check with a plumbing supply store.

Thanks for replies. I asked local pneumatic stores but couldn't find any suitable switches. But, I found plumber store that sells switches. I sent query about how tube is connected, but so far seems I found the solution!. Hopefully, this project has been bugging me many months...

That's exactly what I was thinking when I suggested garbage disposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back