Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid State Relay Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Hello All:

I wish to construct some solid state relays to control some lighting and heating. I plan on using a MOC3041/2 Optoisolator which I have in my parts drawer.

Can anybody recommend a very commonly available and cheap Triac to use. The requirements are that the triac should be able to supply 4-5 amps at 120 volts.

There is a zillion triacs out there and I am not sure of the correct ones to use. I guess I should alsom specify a isolated To220 case as well.

Thanks

If it was me I would get a ready made solid state relay. They are already optically isolated and come in a neat 4 terminal block or in PCB mounting style. The 5 Amp versions are not that expensive to make it worth while to build one unless you do it for educational purposes.
Klaus

Here are 4 most commonly used TRIACs.
1) BT136 - 4A RMS On-state Current, 600V - Repetitive peak off-state voltage
2) BT137 - 8A RMS On-state Current, 600V - Repetitive peak off-state voltage
3) BT138 - 12A RMS On-state Current, 600V - Repetitive peak off-state voltage
4) BT139 - 16A RMS On-state Current, 600V - Repetitive peak off-state voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back