Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid state equivalent of mechanical relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

donperry

I'm looking for a solid state equivalent in at least pin layour for the following
00100-01c.jpg

The solid state version doesn't have to be 5A. It will control a much larger solid state externally. I'm changing it out due to a requirement in speed (duty cycle)

Is there such a device?

can't you just work with a MOSFET with clamp diode.?

I can imagine a 2A SSR controlling a 200A SSR but you cannot accurately specify ANY switch or RELAY or transistor or SSR ...UNTIL you specify V,A and load for AC and DC as there is derating for all. e.g. DC current must be less on contacts than AC but DC motors take up to 10x surge current so SSR's must be derated if it exceeds absolute max current rating.

If this is for 5V or 12V automotive Digikey has tons of High side and low side MOSFET switches with smart protection although "discrete" and not SSR modules which cost way more just for the "package".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back