Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering leads to automotive electronic control unit plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procyon

Hello,

I would like to run a custom electronic engine control unit on one of my vehicles. To avoid cutting up the factory wiring harness, I have found a break-out box with the ECM plug. I would like to desolder the ECM plug from the breakout box and attach it to flying leads that will go to the new control unit.

What is the most reliable way to do this? Do I need to solder? I want to make sure the leads don't become detached from the plug or have reliability issues.

I'm attaching photos of the plug. Wire gauges to be added vary from 14 to 20 gauge.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Breakout_Box_With_Connector_Plug.jpg
    Breakout_Box_With_Connector_Plug.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Backside_of_Breakout_Box.jpg
    Backside_of_Breakout_Box.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips