Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soldering irons what kind is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent Hero999 !

That is true. It is amazing how much electrical noise a human can pick up acting as an areal, especially in a dry environment and on a carpetted floor.

These new LED's are so sensitive and will glow a little, well below their normal operating voltage.

I use the radioshack 15w. I have fried a couple chips, but I do sockets now anyways. It makes you less nervous and you can do a good job without worrying about overheating the chip. So just use a cheap radioshack 15w and sockets. Helps

On a temporary trip to a different city, I didn't bring my "old faithful" 40 watt gold tipped Unger iron and was forced by need to buy and use a Radio Shack POS iron for a project. After using the thing for a few hours the tip degenerated. It was like trying to solder ICs with a hot railroad spike.

Bob ;-)

Yeah the tips are crap, but I bought a ton of them from a different site. so I was Ok

Well I learned a lot from this thread I posted... thank you everyone for your comments. I learned a lot and plan to put what I learned to use this winter when I get my little play room finished for all my toying around.

So with the ideas I have and new knowledge learned I should have fun deciding what to buy. :)

heh.. best wishes all,

Sincerely,

Kevin in Alaska

PS... Again thank you everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back