Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

trikebuilder

I am in the midsts of building a small solar oven (third one this year), and I'm looking for a way to turn the oven on a turntable to keep it pointed at the sun. This means someway to either turn the trurntable about 15 degrees an hour, or to track the sun full time. Any ideas? (oven weighs about 3 lbs total.) :?:

Hi, an idea popped in to my mind! Why not you use a stepper motor to control a platform (where you can keep your oven). This stepper motor could be controlled by a stepper IC, so that you may track the earth's movement.

Or, if the mechanical turning table is too complicated, how about a semi circle of mirrors to reflect the sunlight? You could use cheap mirror tiles or bend a strip of mirror finish stainless steel sheet.
Klaus

whatever method you use you still have to turn something..
why not use 2 photoresistors and a comparator. use a circuit to compare the inputs from the 2 sensors and rotate the panel until the signals are equal and the sun is just in the right place..
i have the circuit designed to do this...so if you want it just PM me!

hello

i building a tracker based on the same logic can u pls send me the circuit diagram its would be really useful for my project thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back