Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar supplies for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
I thought 5% was good for a solar panel.
That's bad :(:(
When I was busy with solar panels some years ago the efficiency was around 10 to 12% for cristaline cells and around 8 to 9% for thin film cells.

That is what they meant. They are 80% efficent as compared to todays solar panels.
The sun beats out thousands of watts of power per meter (I think around 2000 watts it was), so to capture 5% of it that would be 100 watts. 10% is 200watts. 80% is 1600 wattts. Thats alot of POWER!!!

NOTE: The wattage would be for a meter squared solar panel, so one meter by one meter to get these wattages.

Last edited:
Krumlink said:
... ...The sun beats out thousands of watts of power per meter (I think around 2000 watts it was), ... ...
One can find a lot of numbers on the net and in literature about "sunpower" ...
Fronius manual said:
The energy from worldwide insolation amounts to a total of about 1.540.000.000.000.000.000 kWh/year (1.540 Peta kWh/year
Since insolation is different for all locations on the planet, the nominal power of a solar panel is given for a 1000W/m² insolation perpendicular to the panel.
That sunpower you will get on the equator at noon :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back