Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Hot Water System- Bulb and evacuated tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytower

Banned
I'm seeking more info on a new type of solar hot water collector.

This appears in "Blues Country Magazine " latest issue in Far North Queensland .
If someone has a copy you might post a scan of the article - I read it but I lost my copy

I have found some information which I will try to add links to as I find them

This is similar but the bulb of the one I was looking at is more pronounced and it does not have a tube the length of the evacuated tube
Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors_1_

Last edited:
Post Removed.

Last edited:
Again i say you are making irrelevent posts .Please go away. Can I say it any clearer or more politely . This is new technology which fact you have not understood and your mate is obviously jabbing you on.

I have sent for the article and will post it when I get it . Thats if your mate will leave the bloody thread alone

Again i say you are making irrelevent posts .Please go away. Can I say it any clearer or more politely . This is new technology which fact you have not understood and your mate is obviously jabbing you on.

I have sent for the article and will post it when I get it . Thats if your mate will leave the bloody thread alone

Fine by me.

In the future I will remember not to offer.

BTW, I need no prompting to do anything.

It appears you have more to do with "him" than me.

I have no "dog" in this fight. Leave me out of it.

I can remove my post however, on the other hand I can't remove your attitude.

The URL I posted is a good read and for those who want to investigate solar systems and want to purchase one will appreciate it.

I will move it to another thread.

As it stand it appears you no longer need information on anything, as you are the expert.:)

Thank you for enlightening me.

Sincerely, kv

Load of rubbish
The Moderator here is not a moderators a..h

OK now I have since recovered the article and the bit I'm interested in is the " Sydney Tube "
Not a new idea but approached in a new way by the advertiser . The bulb is filled with with distilled water and the evacuated tube is copper lined giving a boiling point around 25 C. This rises to 200 deg C by the sun and the heat is transferred to water in the collector then on to the tank .

The distilled water condenses back to water and runs back down the bulb and this happens at the speed of sound ? according to one professor in the early eighties? So it old but I had not seen this aspect before

Could not find a web site to post on it and the advertiser has not consented to a scan of his article as yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back