Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Energy to heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

Can anyone post me in the right direction, what i want to do is run electric heaters on solar and/or wind energy to warm 3 rooms im my house. The only thing i can ever find it how to heat water, i am thinking more in the way of electric heaters?

Can this be done.

Bob

It can be done but is very inefficient. When heating water you can collect about 800W per SqM as opposed to 50W with photovoltaics. You'll also find that the cost of a couple of kWs worth of PVs prohibitive (but you will find lots of nice companies that will happily supply you).

Mike.

Yes, a REALLY silly idea - particularly in the UK!. As Pommie says, there are good sound reasons for using the sun to heat water for your heating - not to mention you're going to be looking at probably 10kW to heat three rooms!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back