Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOIC breakout board help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETGeek

Hello all,

I have a 741 chip that came in an 8 pin SOIC. I cannot use a DIP version because I need the entire circuit to be flat. I am looking for a breakout board that I can use to build a non-inverting amplifier.

Does anyone know a good place where I can buy one from the USA?

Thanks!
EPUser

Do you want an SMT breadboard?

or do you want to mount the 741 on a SIP package or a DIP package to play?

Anything is better than a 741. That's an antique.

When evaluating with SMD components, I build everything on a copper clad board and mount the chip upside down, then wire to it this way. It is still fiddly, but can be done and the performance of it far exceeds anything with strip board

When evaluating with SMD components, I build everything on a copper clad board and mount the chip upside down, then wire to it this way. It is still fiddly, but can be done and the performance of it far exceeds anything with strip board

I tend to agree. as long as you remember the chip is upside down and therefore the pinouts are transposed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back